Love Abroad

Love Abroad

Friday, July 1, 2011

Honorary Canadian

Happy Canada Day!

I decided to write a little about the special day, because I have many friends who are actually Canadian. I know hard to believe that an Ohio girl from a small town is friends with so many Canadians. I would love to say that I had a wild trip at Niagara Falls and met all these fine people, but I have no such story. My story is that I met them at summer camp. We all attended Goldman Union Camp Institute for a number of years and became friends when we were staff. I have even been dating one for about 2 and half years now.

Throughout the past two years I have been visiting Canada pretty frequently. On my latest visit the boyfriend and I (mostly me) decided that I was an honorary Canadian. I decided this because I have been there so many times and have even made the crazy decision to move there after I graduate. I believe that with all of my time spent exploring Toronto, I am ready to become this honorary Canadian. I don't know if everyone, even the rest of my Canadian friends believe this, but I think I'm ready to take this title.

So today, I will be wearing my Canada Day shirt the boyfriend's mother got for me last summer. I will be dreaming of being in Toronto exploring more of the Kensington market, the Eaton Center and even the CN tower. I'll also be thinking about the next time I'll be visiting my Canadian friends. I hope all of you enjoy today and try considering me as your honorary Canadian.

No comments:

Post a Comment