Love Abroad

Love Abroad

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

PRSSA


I have decided to join PRSSA. This is a great professional club for people pursuing PR. Since I fall into this category, I decided it would be a good resume builder and a great way to network. Also to see what lays ahead for me once I graduate.

Graduation is seeming more and more scary by the day. I realize that it is only fall quarter but, seriously it's my last fall quarter at The Ohio State University. CRAZY! I can't believe I'm a senior already, I feel like I just graduated high school last spring. Also when did I turn 21? 

So as I creep closer to June 2012, I am trying to do everything I can to get a job right out of college. I know I want to do something in PR, but I have no idea where I want to do such profession. I know this may come as a shock, but I will most likely be moving to Toronto after graduation to live closer to the boyfriend. I have no doubt that he will find a job (he is a computer science major, smarty pants I know). I am nervous about me finding one, the PR job market is tough to break into. I know it's all about who you know. I am counting on PRSSA to help me make these connections and beef up my resume. I can't wait for all the advice and help I know I will get from it.

If you are a PR student or looking at potentially being one, this organization will help you get where you are going. I highly recommend you getting this experience and getting involved. Here is the website if you are interested, PRSSA Site.

If you have any advice on the PR world that would like to share, I am more than happy to listen!


No comments:

Post a Comment