Love Abroad

Love Abroad

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Great Albums

I have to talk about these two amazing albums I have recently downloaded. A post or two ago I posted a video for the song "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster The People. I liked it so much that I downloaded the whole album called "Torches". The band first called itself Foster and The People, named after Mark Foster, the lead singer. People misheard it and began calling them Foster The People. It took to meaning nurturing the people, so they kept the name. I have been searching for good new music, something different, this was my answer. I have been listening to "Torches" on repeat, it is so good. The songs are contagious. I would recommend this album to anyone, well anyone who is into the Indie scene.

Another album that I would also recommend is "Young Love" by Mat Kearney. I have always loved Mat even though his music hasn't gotten very popular. He does have a good following and it has gotten his music featured on many tv shows like Grey's Anatomy, One Tree Hill, and Scrubs. He has a unique sound. On his earlier albums, he mixed his singer songwriter sounds with some low-key rhymes. I loved that he sounded like other singers I liked, but with his own twist. His new album is just as good, actually even better in my eyes than his last.

If you are looking for new music, try these two amazing albums. I am sure glad I did, because I was in need for great summer music! I have the videos to a couple of their songs, take a look and Enjoy!
**UPDATE: I posted Mat's new video for "Hey Mama" also a great song!**

"Call It What You Want" Foster The People

"Chasing The Light" Mat Kearney
And
"Hey Mama"

No comments:

Post a Comment